Steps to Fitness
How to Be Healthy & Happy
Nutrition • Self-Esteem • Physical Play
The Quiet Riot uses the theater arts: story, comedy, mime, sound effects, music and audience interaction to explore The Steps to Fitness: Nutrition, Self-Esteem & Physical Play. Your students and staff will:
Make Good Nutrition Choices
- Discover the Detective Tool (“Nutrition Facts” label) that shows you what to eat and how much
- “Countdown 5,4,3,2,1” easy Guide to Health
- Visualize what a healthy meal looks like with “My Plate”
- Learn that water & milk are the healthiest drinks and that 100% fruit drinks can have as much sugar in them as a can of soda
- Awaken to how much sugar there is in all processed foods.
- Realize that Breakfast is your best BrainFood
- Choose more Fruit & Vegetables—fresh, local & organic
- Experience that to Eat Good leads to Feel Good & Look Good!
- Recognize your “star qualities”—your talents, gifts & attributes
- Use your mind to send healthy messages to yourself like “I Can!”
- Find the “Calm Place” within you for your best problem solving
- Respect those around you to create community and build your support
Have Fun Being Active Every Day
- By Yourself—jump rope, shoot hoops
- With Family—plant a garden, play at the park
- With Friends—play kickball, ride bikes
Follow-up materials accompany this program so that these empowering health and happiness practices can be shared and used at home with your family.